View Single Post
      05-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #30
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
Many, particularly U.S. buyers, like cars to grow with them. Unfortunately, it detracts from the sportiness and nimbleness of each.

Many sporty cars have been destroyed in the process, such as the Nissan Z, Mazda RX-7, etc. BMW appears to be following the same path with increasing size, softer suspensions, less responsive steering, increasing emphasis on in-car entertainment, the perfect cupholder and the like.

I bought the 335 as a mid-size luxury car with non-offensive handling (with all sport options). The 328 feels a bit more nimble and, thus, the relative weight of the 335 is a con. I have a new (100 miles) 328 to play with over the weekend so I may reach further comparative conclusions, but the handling difference is immediately obvious even though functionally it is not a major distinction.
What kind of wheels(size) and tyres do you have?(335 and 328)

I understand your arguments, but the 5 series has really grown in weight and size(E60--->F10) , the 3 series actually not at all. Hence why I find the F30 335i the more agile car than my ex E90 335i.
Appreciate 0