View Single Post
      08-28-2012, 03:44 AM   #60
TWD
Australia
Rep
Drives: All sorts of Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojo_m View Post
I got a quote from a detailer and he is asking $400 to do the opticoat. He said that he would also clay and 1 step polish before opticoat that will be included in the price. I'm taking delivery of the car this week. Not sure if $400 is a fair price for opticoat. What do you guys think? btw car is alpine white.
That is cheap.

I mean, you need to be careful when applying any of these paint protection products. You cannot rush them because "time" is the secret to a quality job and PROPER result.

We use the Wolf's Body Wrap, Duragloss and Nanolex paint protection systems. We have had nothing but wonderful results after testing on various cars and clients are very notice a huge change in maintenance/gloss/slickness/depth of their paint work. Needless to say, these products do a great job in protecting and that's why we use them.

Our prices start at $460 to complete a stage 1 + Body Wrap Paint Protection

The process involves:

Initial wash
Intense clay of all paintwork
Stage 1 Polish (jeweling) to basically remove minor marks and cleanse the paintwork
Application of Paint Protection
Other bits and pieces of the exterior are cleaned

Nothing is rushed and the job is around a day's work.

We had a few of the new VO 1Ms side by side and our TWD 1M looked far better than any of the other 1Ms there.

Appreciate 0