General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewill858 View Post
First time coder here, and I'd appreciate any advice regarding the following:

I was successfully able to code several CAFD modules, but encountered both "Adaptive headlight malfunction" and "Active Blind Spot Malfunction" errors when writing my changes to the FEM_BODY module. These included the folding mirrors and unlock doors features.

I tried resetting the FEM_BODY to the default (via the "code" option on the ECU), and re-coding the changes, but the malfunctions occurred again.

Has anyone encountered these errors? I haven't had the chance to see if these errors manifest themselves as real issues in actual driving, but it's a bit unnerving seeing these.

On a related note, is it generally acceptable to change several settings within a CAFD at a time, and then write the changes together? Do I need to turn off/on the car between writes? I'm wondering if my problems were the result of trying to change too many things simultaneously.

Thanks!
Generally, if the FDL Codes are know to me and proven to work, I make all the FDL Changes for the whole module, and then write them all at once.

If I am testing unknown or unproven FDL Codes, then I do only at one at a time to see the impact of just that single FDL Code.

So are all your errors cleared now, or do you still have problems?

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0