08-17-2014, 01:44 PM   #165
BMdriver
Bus Media, Xenons, Spt Auto, Sun Pro Black Panel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 420i M Sport Coupe (Pro pack)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0gi View Post
I am having the same issue. Cant exactly remember when I first heard it. However, I can hear mine "clonk" coming from somewhere from the front. Also few weeks ago I went to a guy who can test my suspension and their system showed some problems with the front left damper. Of course I changed it (wasnt very cheap for F01..) but the sound still remains. I am not really sure if this is a problem or not always thought it is something like the system is doing since I hear it only on slow speed going over speed bumps also heard a 5GT making the same noise when I was outside walking.

Anyway, Ive been also in my dealership but they say my car is perfectly fine although I still found a problem with my damper.

I would like to ask you guys if you have problems with your tires. My tires wear very strangely. I dont know how to describe it but they wear down like on waves. And when I brake hard while driving with high speed my steering wheel is starting to shake and at 110 km/h there is a some vibration going on through the chassis like my tires have different pressure. Again the guy from the dealership and the mechanic told me that it just my imagination...WTF!

Im starting to believe that maybe these 2 issues are connected or maybe not but it is annoying I cant use one set of tires for more than one season. On my previous cars ive been using my summer set for 2 years but not now
Hi, I have no uneven wear on the tyres or braking defects, just this annoying clunk. The technician and I have been out in the car once again and recorded the noise which will be sent to BMW Germany, as they do not seam to be able to cure the noise so far despite sterling efforts from my dealer.
Appreciate 0