Rep
Drives: f30 328

Garage List
2014 f30 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTAR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkkeys View Post
I've had mine for maybe 9 months or so, without issues. My set was a development set, so I had an issue with the inner light coming a little loose, but the ones on my car were hand made and were just a prototype. Nothing a little 3m tape couldn't fix, but you shouldn't need it on the production lights.

Bryan
Mine have been on for a little over a week and I am actually having problems with the left inner light piece coming loose. I had to pull the carpet and basically do a re-install of that part this weekend. I tried "locking" it in both ways......hooking in the curved piece and pressing in and to right to get the nub in; and placing the nub in first and pushing/pulling out and to the left to get the hooked part in. Both ways, there is a substantial "snap" sound that makes it seem like it is in there good. But if you tighten the nut all the way, it just pops right out. I have the nut tightened to about 90% right now and it seems ok.....hopefully. I may have to try some double sided tape like you mentioned
Let me know what happens bc I think I was having trouble with this too. Until I pushed on the inner most part of the light until I heard a pop. After that I could tighten the nut and it wouldn't pop out.
Appreciate 0