View Single Post
      02-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #13
mkeath
Rep
Drives: 2007 Toyota 4runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrasty View Post
I can't say how the Premium Sound compares to the standard stereo, because I've not heard the standard one, but the Premium Sound is great, better than any sound system I've had before. I've not used an iPod in any of my cars before, but the sound was so good with Sirius I decided to try the iPod and so I bought a $6 cable on Amazon. Should have bought a better one, it seems.

BTW, already boxed up the cable and sent it back to Amazon, so I can't try your suggested test. When I put the iPod or iPhone on a real Apple cable (without AUX IN, of course), it just says "Not supported", but it does charge the iPod and iPhone.
In the meantime you can stream from your iPhone over bluetooth. How is another question since I don't actually own a BMW yet. An easier solution would be to pick up a 3.5mm cable. Best Buy has them cheapest, but you have to get the Dynex male-to-male cable in the home theater section or else you'll be spending around $20. Last time I checked, they sold the cable I am talking about for $4-5.

Last edited by mkeath; 02-29-2012 at 09:48 PM..
Appreciate 0