Canada
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyvk View Post
Helo all

So i did dyno run this morning and here are the result

I have 2013 320i with bms stage 2(map 5), everything else is stock

few comments on dyno run and bout the machine, i dont know which model it was, he did tests in 4th gear with traction control fully off.

I changed bms to map 0, and we did a stock run which was pretty simple, but when i changed to map 5 and we did a dyno run, is where the wierd stuff started to happen on dyno map, which came up with zig zag with 228hp, i was like wtf. The guy told me its probably because car needed more air, bigger fans, he said there is too much back pressure something like, also he said that the dyno they have was slowing the car down, because it has slowing down capabilities, basicaly its not fully free. i dont know much bout dynos, or what that means.
Anyway we left the car for bout 10 min to cool off and did another 2 runs which showed curved not in zig zag any more... (Also he changed someting in dyno computer/machine which was 70% to 5% and he said that it would make car to run more freely)
It was very wierd why it come up in zig zag, because when diriving on high way or goin full gas never felt a power loss, i did hope for better result, but i think it was way too hot in the their garage and their fans probably didint provide enough coolin or air to the car, the bonet was very very hot but the car temperature was normal

I have no idea how Terry at bms with satge 2 come up with 266 horses at the wheels, i did hope for at least 250 hp.. oh well

in my opinion car feels faster than 220 horse power, maybe its me or maybe i wrong well or maybe guy at dyno did something wrong anywway i want more horses

Stock , map 0

BMS stage 2 map 5

The fans they used
Looks like a normal result to me. Don't make the mistake of thinking all dynos read the same. Dynojets read the highest. Looks like your dyno reads very low.

If I am reading your chart right you gained 34% power which is not that far off BMS' results especially if fans are not sufficient, octane is lower, etc.

Mike
Appreciate 0