View Single Post
      11-08-2012, 02:36 AM   #21
oop north
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Subaru Outback 3.0R

330D SE on extended test drive

My first post - I have a 330D SE on test this week to see what I think - considering getting one. It's from BMW Fleet, arranged by my local dealer, done around 1500 miles in total from new

Re mpg, the trip showed an average of 44 over about 100 miles in total yesterday (it showed 37.9 when delivered to me, but don't know how many miels that was over). The driving consisted of an 80-mile round trip to Manchester, a couple of local runs round the lanes (I live on a farm, midway between two villages a few miles out of Preston, Lancs) collecting the kids from school, and a run into Preston yesterday evening. On a long run, with eco pro selected and in cruise at just over 70 indicated, there is no doubt that a figure of over 50 is possible.

Based on my experience of various other cars over similar travels, I'd say it will at the moment be roughly as economical as my current car, a Subaru Legacy Outback diesel. The country lanes don't do the mpg any favours (mid to high 30s indicated) - cruising at a steady speed, though, yields very good results.

Don't know what difference there is between real / brim to brim consumption and what the computer says.
Appreciate 0