View Single Post
      01-28-2013, 11:40 PM   #153
uucuu3
Rep
Drives: Infiniti EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamouz627 View Post
That's good to know, thanks for the info. For me, ED won't be as much of an issue since I don't plan on traveling until late June early July. I'm going to be attending a friends bachelor party in Germany so it works out perfectly.

So if I understand you correctly...I should negotiate the US price first and bring up the fact that I would like to arrange for ED at the very end to cut the price down even further? Does the price that Truecar gave me seem accurate for the invoice on my configurations? I tried using bmwconfig but I don't know if it's down or if my browser just won't support it (Mac OS) getting a blank screen.
BmwConfig.com will show you both MSRP and Invoice for any vehicle you spec out. There is also a drop down box in the upper right hand corner that will show either (a) USA Port of Entry pricing, (b) European Delivery Munich pick up, or (c) Diplomatic pricing, so there is no guessing about how much you are paying over stated invoice in either case. The only other variables are a couple of fees (such as a training fee and a local advertising fund fee) that the dealer may want to add on. People report varying success in negotiating those fees away on deals priced close to invoice.

I have found BmwConfig to be intermittently unavailable, or it will not connect on one try and will on the next. I have Windows 7.

Also, my memory was a little off on the USA vs. ED pricing on my loaded AH3, the difference was $3,400. That should cover your trip costs if you fly coach. The dealer doesn't lose any profit, it just requires a little extra effort for them to initiate it up for you.
Appreciate 0