02-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #55
npgatech
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
You couldn't be more wrong logically.

First, it's different tastes to different people. What do you like does not mean that others like. And the other way around.

Second, and most important, the OEM wheels are made by human designers. These people are not wheel Gods. They can screw up some wheel designs big time, as well as they can create impressive wheel designs. There are other wheel designers working for other companies like BBS, OZ, etc. making just as nice looking wheels. BMW does NOT own the monopoly on good wheel designers. It wouldn't be logical.

And third, there are some people who are plain BMW worshipers. They cannot see anything good outside what BMW does.
Oh...didn't say that the OEM black wheels look ghetto? Ofcourse there are good designers, but OEMs tends to have a very good knack at designing wheels. They hire good designers (IMO, Europeans in general have good taste for design - for e.g. Danish furniture). Ofcourse they are not gods, and I actually hate some oem wheels, but majority of them don't scream attention. BBS wheels are not bad, but not great imho. There are a couple that look good to me. But I am talking about what you'd find in the last few pages of wheel ads in a car magazine. *PUKE*.

Now, don't come back with an argument that affinity towards good design is subjective. Yes and No. Good designers tend to come to an agreement. And that is not completely subjective. Same thing applies to any art - paintings, photography, music, poetry, etc... good stuff always rises to the top. That said, I am about to refute my own argument with Justin Bieber...now we all can agree that shit sucks, although it is popular lol.

Peace...all of this is partially subjective. Walk in peace bro.

Last edited by npgatech; 02-26-2012 at 11:42 AM..
Appreciate 0