View Single Post
      10-27-2012, 05:32 AM   #14
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
On paper the 0.3s advantage of the 330d in the 0-60 dash doesn't sound like much, but I suspect the in-gear midrange figures would be more telling. I get the impression though that the premium actually brings a much more 'relaxed' or should I say 'un-fussed' power delivery. The 328i is quick, but it's very busy - a bit like a sprinter. The 330d has that relentless diesel grunt - a bit like jumping out of a plane and just accelerating towards the ground!

Funny when you think about how 'relaxed' it is because for the driver it's really a psychological thing as the actual effort, i.e. flexing your right ankle, is about the same

Still, getting back on topic I can be jealous of you lot cos not only are you having a wee bit more fun, you're doing it using less gas!!

One thing I notice about mine is that you only need apply 50% throttle to make good progress the majority of the time. No need to really floor it, especially around town (30/40/50 limits) as it too fast.
How about a fast petrol? Is this the same with how much throttle you need?
I haven't a clue as the biggest petrol engine I've driven was about 150bhp a few years ago now!!
Appreciate 0