View Single Post
      04-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #50
MacAttackBMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 Sport Line - Alpine

So I think some of these came out pretty good and others had bad lighting. This weekend I plan to take her up to Big Bear to get some shots in the snow at sunset time - should be awesome light for some really good ones. Since I know you are eager for something - these will have to hold you over for a few days.

The car is awesome! I'll be writing a review after my trip to Big Bear because I can't really see writing a review if I haven't pushed it up a mountain. I'll add in some comments as I go for some of the pics to highlight why I took them.

The imagery on the NAV is amazing. I'm totally addicted to viewing the map in perspective from a mile or two up - looks great. I typically run the main screen for Sat. Radio or something, but always have the split side screen on this view.

I drop the $80 dollars on the upgraded floor mats.... totally worth every penny. I'd recommend you either get your CA to throw them in, or at least buy them and don't leave the dealer without them. I'm sure you've seen them but they also come in black with a red accent for you guys with the red highlight on the dash.

Kind of poor light exposure, but wanted you to see the dash with the black highlight and the NAV. The aluminum accent is very brushed in real life - this pics doesn't do it justice.

Again, lighting could be better but here is the HUD with my iPod playing. This same functionality works with Satellite Radio. It's not always on (just the speed is always on) but when you scroll the wheel on the steering wheel, you can scroll through songs and select them - very cool. In person, the full color HUD is pimp!!!

Your classic view from the driver door. Already posted one like this but I thought with the sun shining on some of the gray interior and not on others, you might be able to see why so many look white -- it's really not that light. Even the part in the shade looks way lighter in the pics than in real life. Hoping the pics at sundown help that.

Here is a good shot showing the red stitching on the wheel with the otherwise not red interior. I don't mind it at all - but if BMW offered contrast dark gray instead, I'd do it in a second!!!!!

Here is a pretty clean shot of the interior. Love, love, love the classiness of the color combo!

This darker view of the back of the gray seats is truer to the real color. Note that some of the stitching is the dark gray contrast and some is matching. All of the interior is like that - you'll see it in the next few pics too.

A good showing of the contrast stitching next to normal. The edges of the seats, headrest, etc. are contrast, the rest is normal.

A close up of the seat showing the contrast on the edge but the rest normal.

The seat is perhaps too dark, the sun part is too light, the very right edge near the headrest looks pretty close to the real leather color.

A close up of the headrest - they look really good in the car. Not something you would hear people talk about, but I really like their shape and the way they make the interior look a little edgy.

A pretty good shot of the passenger door - note the contrast and regular stitching. The grain of the leather is nice too.

Another interior shot - I'll get better in the better light.

Last one for now - again the parts in the shade are pretty close to the real color.

That's it fellas (and you few ladies out there). Hope that helps some. I'll be sure to keep posting once I have something worth putting out there.

Mac
Appreciate 0