Thread: 335i or 328i
View Single Post
      02-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #7
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C

Pretty sure the dimming mirrors and garage link are standard on the 328 as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWforLife View Post
www.bmwusa.com

answers found above

but for quick reference. 335i has
- 2 more cylinders (few extra pounds too)
- dual exhaust (which is sexy)
- more hp/more tq (also sexy)
- sunroof (only car that shouldn’t have one nowadays is an M3)
- xenon (if you do not get this you will forever regret it and sink into depression)
- alarm (so you know right away someone smashed your window in, rather than later)
- a 335i badge on the back, rather than 328i (unless you opt for an M badge like a douche)
- slightly worse MPG
- auto dimming mirrors/integrated garage door opener

Theres probably a few others (help me help this guy, guys) (bigger brakes on 335i?)

honestly you can argue between the performance of each for years. just get what makes you happy and don’t look back..drive them both extensively. chances are you will never realize a major difference in performance of both really (granted both cars stock, the 335i is quicker in a straight line to 60, and certainly quicker at higher speeds above 100). If you took both cars to a track, theres a good chance the car with the better driver will win regardless.

Not trying to start a debate, I have driven both, and both are great. Its just about what gets your pants tightest.

I think if you built a sport line 328i, and add the standard features of a 335i sport line, the price differs by about 3k (but I did not add prem package to the 328i, it doesn't list the auto dimming mirrors anymore with it? Perhaps this is standard on 13’ 328i, if you do need to add premium package the price becomes very similar but you gain leather/lumbar/comfort access)

Just pay for features you know you will actually use... I hardly use my comfort access to unlock my car because I like to unlock it from a distance want watch my angel eyes wow people around me.

'98 Dinan/RMS stage 2+(VAC cams, CES Cutring etc)
'15 Buick Regal "T"(wife)
'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt (full suspension, LSD, clipped turbo etc)
Appreciate 0