woof
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashhell View Post
Coupe should mean 2 doors ONLY PERIOD!
While I do agree with you, it's technically just a word and reflects the styling. I could see the arguments both way.

More importantly, I am truly curious of the business case here. The feedback on the forums is so mixed & interesting to read.

I feel like this is diluting the BMW brand, but I don't have a good case why (yet). I think it's because I just don't understand it? Or when logic comes in maybe it'll make more sense.

Having a custom-fit vehicle for everyone's needs is obviously not the case.. This is purely styling/branding/looks. The only thing that's made sense so far is that factories can "now" accommodate 5-6 chassis at the same time on the same line. Nothing else stood out as very reason-oriented other than that.

It may be that I keep thinking about the super high-end/exotic brands such as Aston Martin, RR, Ferrari. Their brand comes down to the fact that they give you a few models to choose from, and each model is completely bangin' for one way or another. You buy that model for a REASON, whatever it is; sacrificing practicality, etc.

Which leads me to the dilution idea.. If I looked at BMW and they had a

1 series
Coupe
Sedan
Gran Coupe
Hatchback
Wagon

3 series
Coupe
Sedan
Gran Coupe
Hatchback
Wagon

5 series
Coupe
Sedan
Gran Coupe
Hatchback
Wagon

6 series
Coupe
Sedan
Gran Coupe
Hatchback
Wagon

7 series
Coupe
Sedan
Gran Coupe
Hatchback
Wagon

...I'd be concerned on what the company is trying to sell me? Or tell me? Or where their roots are.

It's just confusing as all hell.

Where is the line drawn??

2013 F13 ///M6 Sakhir Orange
2013 F30 335i Estoril Blue II
2008 E92 ///M3 Interlagos Blue
2007 E92 335i Montego Blue
Appreciate 0