04-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #23
PrinceBarin
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 CP (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RASHID007
I remain very confused for the suspension options in Canada.

For Canada:

1. Does the Sport Line come with the passive sport suspension standard? The original ordering guide that is a sticky says nothing about an extra charge for sport suspension. The bmw.ca website says nothing about sport suspension and/or if it's included or if you pay extra.
2. Does the Sport Line have the Adaptive M Suspension on it in Canada standard? Or is it an option at all? I don't see it on the website or any ordering guide for Canada.
3. A more recent ordering guide post on this forum shows a $400 option for 'Sport Suspension' in Canada. What is that? It looks like it applies to all 'lines' of cars. But bmw.ca doesn't have that $400 option. And neither does the original ordering guide that is a sticky on this forum.

Please help. I have ordered a 335i with premium package and was expecting the sport suspension (at least passive) and frankly I was expecting to have the button to switch from eco pro, to comfort, to sport to sport + because I saw (at the time of ordering) no extra $ option for sport suspension, or m-adaptive or otherwise.

Thank you.
I spent some time on the BMW CA website and I couldn't make sense of it either so you are not alone!

What's confusing to me is the part which says "as if that were not enough: the dynamic chassis characteristics of the new BMW 3 Series can be increased even further by selecting Sports mode, which is supplied as standard". What is standard? Sports mode? Sure, but a dynamic chassis implies adaptive suspension, at least to me. See here: http://www.bmw.ca/ca/en/newvehicles/3series/sedan/2011/showroom/dynamics/chassis.html#t=l

I don't think it is standard though For example, the M Sport comes with suspension which BMW CA says is "lowered by ten millimetres with stiffer spring and damper settings as well as harder stabilisers", implying that other lines carry only standard suspension (note adaptive is the same height as M Sport, i.e. 10mm lower than standard).

Hopefully someone can clarify. My money is on E90 Fleet.
Appreciate 0