View Single Post
      02-27-2014, 03:54 PM   #36
Damn Dirty Ape
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 Infiniti Q50S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick4345 View Post
I'll make sure you get the best jail cell that I can. I have one guy in my area that I have stopped. He has a Z3. I kind of understand about the plate. But then we drive in Illinois where if some farmer is not throwing corn or some other crap out of your car, some ass is throwing rocks at your bumper, let alone the insects that will put a ding in your bumper. If you don't believe that, look at my squad car. So the arguement of ,"I don't want to hurt my bumper." doesn't work well for me I told him to get the tow hook fixture. I personally have no problem with that. Can't speak for anyone else though. If nothing else, you can always move to Indiana. Hell, get a specialty plate like a bears, cubs, or blackhawks plate. Or look for something else. I will say that we don't have the most appealing plates in the US. After all, our governors make them for us.
As an Il. resident from around I-57 Exit 54 I can laugh at the last line

Also we have plenty of no-front-platers here, you'd have a great time! I only run mine since it was pre-drilled, the LEos here are less than concerned with them or window tint here.

Just don't do anything to make yourself stand out and you can drive by them around here all day long. Pretty relaxed here compared to there I guess.
Appreciate 0