04-03-2017, 04:09 AM   #5
PX3
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 / F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-m4n View Post
Yeah, the rear space won it for us too and get the panoramic roof if you can.

My dealer experience was totally different - well, I did have to find the car mylself - my local dealer could not match the specs so the made it happen and brought the car saving me all troubles... I did have to pay the deposit for them to bring the car from that other dealer but it was refundable if for whatever reason I was not happy... My local dealer even managed to negotiate an extra discount.

Diesel engines under "pressure" these days...

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ev...arge-fsfw3ps5h

I'm not sure I would be that lucky to find the right car, let alone with a pano roof, but I know where you're coming from, as we currently have it in our X3.
If we can find a petrol with the right spec and the right price, then I think we would definitely go for it, especially when my wife only does around 6-8k a year.
When I purchased my 4 series, I hunted high and low for a 2.8i as I was a little concerned about the future of diesel, however it appears they were like rocking horse poo (well, when I was looking). In the end I decided that diesel wasn't going to change overnight and therefore I could live with it for another 3-5yrs.
Appreciate 0