View Single Post
      08-30-2023, 12:21 PM   #1
Pobsey
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 F31 330d / 2010 e87 118d

Service issue

Evening got an interesting issue and would like some advice,

Took my 330d for a major service, car is at 64k, I didn’t go to my normal/supplying dealer.

Anyway fully service and vehicle check completed, set off home and within 4miles I had to pull over and stop the car.

Low engine oil pressure warning on the idrive!

Did the basic checks and the dip stick showed oil at the right level, so called the dealer back and they were apologetic and arranged recovery and onwards travel back home.

Had a call later in the afternoon confirming the oil filter had been installed incorrectly and was all sorted.
I raised concerns that the engine experienced a low oil pressure event and was concerned that damage could have occurred to the bearings within the engine. Was told it had been tested and all was good, asked for a letter documenting the issue and should I have an engine bearing issue they would deal with it.

Went to pick up the car and the letter was materially different to the telephone conversation - now it was a manufacturing defect in the filter.

So far their error had cost me 2.5hours time and £2 parking I was not offered a penny off the £480 bill I had paid earlier.

Is there any chance there is any damage done to my engine?
Would you take the matter any further?
Appreciate 0