View Single Post
      04-20-2014, 11:10 PM   #17
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

While I love Chris Harris' reviews, which have a ton of detail and the guy is quite the loquacious one, you have to understand the 5th Gear approach and the backgrounds of the reviewers. They will not give a high review to a car they do not believe is enthusiast (or whatever purpose the car is for, i.e. practicality i.e. SUVs) worthy. Needell, Plato, and Vicki all have racing backgrounds and a couple of seasons ago Needell was on a segment where he actually was racing alongside on a Lamborghini's Euro racing team and getting faster laps than the other team drivers. This test of the M4 was really more about entertainment/hooliganism (admittedly not that informative), but the reviewers giving 9s to a car is a rarity and actually means something if you look at the history of their ratings and the type of cars that get 9s. So I would view their ratings as a very strong endorsement of the 4 series. BTW, they ADORE (and continue to adore) the E9x M3 so will be very interesting to hear their opinions on the new M3/4 in the near future.
Appreciate 0