svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
Ahh OK, I have an iPhone so never mind! The office thing does look cool though.
Yeah it's pretty cool indeed imo =)

Also, to come back to your question.. my system can read the text messages but I am unable to write or dictate them. I have no idea if this is something because it's the '12 version of the nav instead of the one shown in this thread, or because my phone maybe doesn't allow it.

One thing you can do with the Apps, btw, is send twitter and FB messages that you pre-programmed into the BMW ConnectedDrive App. When you're driving, you can just select one of the messages, which can actually include certain variables to say what the temperature is, or where you are driving at that time.

I guess it's probably better like this.. if I could actually text and/or email, it would probably mean an increased chance of getting into an accident, even when dictating the message by voice (you're still going to read what you wrote).

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0