View Single Post
      01-18-2014, 03:06 AM   #22
ausrallydoc
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post
Well that's exactly what I've had to do, cheers J1n, although I switch the ac on and off manually as needed. I also find the cold air is blown into the cabin for a long time after the ac button has been deactivated. Another 'feature' my previous BMWs never had. Once the ac button was off, the air started warming up pretty much straight away.
Hi David,

Although not a BMW veteran I have also noticed the cold air continuing, often for 15 minutes after I have turned off the AC. Was worried it was a fault, but it seems it is another "feature" of the F30.

The AC has certainly had a good workout over the last 4 days - I have also figured out how to turn on the circulation prior to starting a journey (only useful when I have a good idea of what time I will be back in the car). Also of limited use when the external temperature is 44 degrees - I suspect it works better with lower outside temps where the car has heated up due to sitting in the sun.

The window tinting (thanks for the recommendation) has helped, but Phil was of the opinion that the amount of insulation in the F30 has been reduced, leading to hotter in-car temps.