View Single Post
      11-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #13
Hayir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i modern line

Quote:
Originally Posted by shicobico View Post
I felt really really bad (a guilty bad) leaving the dealership. It's a bitter sweet bad. Like "YES!!! I did an amazing job negotiating this deal but deep down inside I'm a terrible person" kind of bad.

I am a small business owner myself. I have employees, I pay taxes, I have bills to pay, payroll to meet, rent, ... If someone were to "shop at my store", and I take the time out of my busy day to return several of his/her phone calls, a bunch of back and forth e-mails, invite them into my store, treat them to coffee, sweets, ONLY for them to give me a hard time to a point where I sell them something below cost ... I would either shoot myself, or choose a different line of business.

Why do some dealers sell under invoice? These guys seriously undercut another local dealer, just to get me to sign with them. This is a 2013 custom built car. Not a car they are trying to move off the lot either.

I don't get it (and yes, I still feel uneasy about the deal).
I thnk the trick is here you won`t sell under cost and sure they won`t sell under cost too. The invoice price is not the actual cost. They usually get something paid back like a bonus rebate etc.