01-07-2013, 02:31 AM   #17
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F30 310i > G20 310i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Viney View Post
Hey, great thread - thanks for the info. I am collecting my F30 next week and just wondering:

I have a lot of music so planning to connect my 160gb iPod classic via USB in the armrest to listen to Mp3's (Car has all the relevant tech options to show art etc).

For calls/emails/texts I want to simply have my iPhone 5 connected via Bluetooth at the same time.

I am really hoping the car can accommodate both devices at the same time and that a call coming in would simply switch to the iPhone, but I have read somewhere that only one device can be connected at one time.

I would be very grateful if someone could confirm as my plan must be a common idea among people who have more music than a 64gb iPhone can hold.
the car will support both ipod & iphone concurrently

ipod will be connected via the USB cable, will presumably your iphone will be via bluetooth. In the media menu, you will select whether to play ipod (USB) or iphone (bluetooth), obviously you can't play both.

If you're playing with ipod and your phone rings, it will auto switch to phone mode, and resume playing when you disconnect phone.

I have 2 phone paired to the car (concurrently) and ipod via usb connected all the time, no issue whatsoever (except the occasional ipod classic hang)
Appreciate 0