View Single Post
      07-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #67
batislav
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Anyone shopping for a 335 or S4 is not looking at a G37 or C350 those cars are not in the same league. BMW and Audi know that, and Mercedes and Infiniti know that. Might as well throw the Volvo S60 R Design in there, sure its a nice car thats cheaper than the 335i and S4 but does it drive the same, NO.

You are right on the availability, although I was just at my Audi dealership and test drove a 2013 S4, they had 3 on the lot! They are not as rare as they used to be (previous gen when the S4 did sort of compete with an M3) but Audi dealers try to make them sound like they are! I can't stand Audi dealers for that reason, all over the world they don't discount, trying to get 3% off is like pulling teeth with them, 5% and they will laugh at you and tell you about how awesome their brand is and its the best Luxury car brand out there (I guess they don't read the actual statistics on sales though). I really like the A4 and S4 but not sure I am willing to deal with Audi
You might be right in assessing motoring enthusiasts choices of cars, but I will say one of my coworkers traded in his S4 for an Infiniti G37 last year. If you want strange, my former neighbor told me he bought his 2008 335i instead of the 328i because he wanted the V6.

I don't like Audi customer service as much as BMW. I took ED on my 2009 e90 and was very happy, when I went with my mom last year when she took ED on her A4 I wasn't very impressed. Also, my car dealer sells both Audi and BMW and I've always been treated better by the BMW reps, though that could be due to staff idiosyncrasies more than corporate policy.
Appreciate 0