04-07-2012, 04:32 AM   #77
///AV_330i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiangyuTide View Post
As a Chinese, the only thing I want to comment on this post is "you are really funny". Yeah GM manufactures really nice Buicks in Shanghai, but it is just too far to be considered as a luxury in China. The LaCrosse is the most expensive Buick model made by Shanghai GM with a top price of RMB 320K which is about $50K. And let me tell you what, Chinese purchased more than 1000 Rolls last year, more than Americans did, plus, the cheapest model in China costs RMB 4 million, which is about $635K and the MSRP for the same model is $ 250K in the US. My family have a Mercedes ML 350 which is RMB 900K and same as $143K. But it can only be considered as an entry level car if you are talking about luxury cars in China since there are tons of Range Rovers ($200K-$350K+), Mercedes S ($220K-$400K+) and BMW 7s even on the street of my city (a typical suburb of Beijing). So, if you tell a Chinese that driving a Buick in China is like a Bentley in America, he will probably think that Bentley is just too cheap in America lol.
sweet.
Appreciate 0