03-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #7
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKTENN View Post
Mine seems to be the opposite. Starts closed (verified visually and by the feel of fumes from only one side), then opens after warming for awhile which lowers exhaust note and clearly fumes are coming out of both pipes. After that I believe it only closes again when engine shuts off.
Yea, I think you're right at first where it it just one and it's probably just loud because of the higher idle speed when it's cold started.

I'm almost positive that they close again once it's warmed up a bit and only opens under higher throttle. If I wasn't lazy, I'd go plug it back in and double check...

I do know that when I started the car, I could hear the actuator closing (the car was warmed up already) then when I'd turn it off it would open (always opens when you turn the car off). I could hear the nasty squeak so it was obvious it was opening and closing. Harder to hear at start but was painfully loud when it opened when I shut the engine off.

Maybe if you get bored, let your car warm up and see if it's open and both pipes are pushing out exhaust.
Appreciate 0