United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 128i

Garage List
2008 128i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewbacca View Post
3 words...REAR WHEEL DRIVE!

I know the Quattro system is great, but in my neck of the woods, there's little reason to pay the extra coin for it and the standard FWD is for econoboxes, not driver-involved performance cars.
This has come up twice in this thread. You guys know the Quattro system (unlike the X-drive system) is a Performance AWD system? You get benefits out of it on dry roads. Now granted you have to be driving pretty hard, but Quattro (real quattro not the 4 motion system in the TT and the A3) allows you to get on power earlier in a turn allowing a quicker corner exit than you could get with RWD. Same as in the STI and the Evo. AWD cars like the Audi in touring car and such usually have weight handicaps to keep them even.

That being said, OP, Don't be a jock sniffer, try the cars and buy the one YOU enjoy driving the MOST. Not the one with the most wins, or the most racecars, the one you like the best.

Or, get a 911 cause those are pretty much the only TRUE race pedigree.

Halo cars are cool, but in the end unless you buy the Halo car it really doesn't matter. But that's coming form the guy that had M3 posters on his wall as a kid and not Lamborghinis and what not.
Appreciate 0