AZ330FZL
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sedan Sport Line

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ330FZL View Post
I'm headed in to have some things checked out.

#1: A.S.S. update. Car stalls everytime it kicks in now I would like to use it but I have almost been rear ended by anxious drivers 3 or 4 times now.

#2: Car pulls to the right, tire pressures are all correct and let the wheel go and it will change lanes for me. Only 3300 miles on the car and I havent even come close to hitting a pothole or curb.

#3: The one I'm most worried about, Steering wheel vibration between 40-60 mph. I dont know if I'm being picky, but I totally notice the wobble in the wheel when I have one hand on it and it drives me nuts!

#4: Heated Seats, build sheet and sticker show heated seats and they arent there, no buttons to turn them on at least, I'm not to worried since I'm in Phoenix and they would get used only in the winter for a short time to warm up the seats, but if I'm paying for them I would like to have them. Also will help in the future with resale value.

Well that's the list, I hope BMW is able to help me out with these. I totally love my car so far and hope the experience continues.
OK so here is the verdict after today's visit:

#1, software was in need of update and that has been taken care of. Hope not to see A.S.S. stall out anymore.

#2, "Is this your first BMW?" I reply "Yes", Tech: "Well we tend to see this with new BMW drivers, the car will track the road depending on how it is set for drainage" Me: "Oh".

Needless to say they did check tire balance and alignment and everything was correct. So for now I guess I'll deal with it.

#3, on test drive with Tech, little to no noticeable vibration, of course, go to the doctor and nothing is wrong. At least there is documentation that I mentioned it.

#4, The heated seats, My service adviser in all his 11 years with BMW has never seen a factory coded option never make it into the car, UNTIL today! Glad I could be the first. Nice thing is, it seems the seats are heated, but the AC controller in the dash is incorrect, they used the wrong part and now its on order from Germany. Should be here in about 2 weeks.

So I guess it was a fairly successful trip to the dealer. And I should be back there in about 2-3 weeks when the parts come in from Germany.

** On a side note, they gave me a 2012 328 "base" line for my loaner. The car was similar but the creature comforts just weren't there, I understand it was a loaner but it made me miss my car immediately. The most uncomfortable part of it was the steering wheel, it felt cheap and rubbery and really small. But I'm not knocking those that have 328's not at all, the car was still very quick on the acceleration and easy and fun to drive (on 17"s) It gave me a chance to see what it was like without a specific "line" Those added features sure do make a difference.

Thanks to those that have been apart of this thread!
Appreciate 0