12-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
utenigma
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i 8SA M-Adaptive

Garage List
Fog and side indicator change out - pics

Took delivery of my 335i yesterday, and <24 hours later it's been coded and now some of the bulbs have been changed. Figured I'd post some pictures before/after for those looking to do the same things.

I wanted 2 things, no "egg yolk" look in the front turn indicators, and I hate the yellow fog's - they needed to match the angel eyes

So that you guys can see the colors and comparison, I mounted my DSLR on a tripod prior to making the change to take the before pic, then just pulled the trigger to take the after. All images were shot in RAW then I made sure the color balance was identical between shots so as not to mis-represent the color changes

The first was accomplished with Solaris Invisibulbs - 1156 bulbs with 150 Degree Ofset - AKA: PY21W - I chose amber when lit

Before

After

Then the fogs - I went with GP Thunder H8 fog lights - the 7500K version

Before

After

I think the color just about perfectly matches the angel eyes

Btw - I was going to do a full DIY on how to change these, but they're so easy it didn't make sense to waste the time. Turn signals are accessed through a removable panel in the wheel well - a flat head screwdriver pries down two tabs in the top and pull it out - then reach in, twist and remove - reverse to replace. The fogs, pull 3 hex head screws out of the wheel well where the bumper meets the well lining, pull the lining back a little, unclip the fog light, twist and remove - reverse to replace
Appreciate 0