shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kon View Post
Could anyone help me with the FA editor... let's just say I bought the front PDC retrofit kit, after I'm done with the hardware & wire harness installation, is it as simply as using the FA editor to code in the option code for the ride and it should work, or it's more complicated than that?

In all likelihood, the dealer won't be of much help (unless we are willing to pay them an arm & a leg) to do the coding, so wanted to find out what exactly need to be coded!

Thanks!
Nothing is simple.

1) You would use FA Editor to add PDC Option to VO, then write the VO to the CAR. If you do not write it to the car's VCM, then future dealer programming will wipe it out.

2) I assume the retrofit kit comes with a module, so after connected, it should appear in your SVT, but you will need to use Detect CAF for SWE to add the CAFD to it, then VO Code the module.

3) You will also need to code other affected modules, which I imagine would be KOMBI and HU_CIC, and maybe FEM_BODY.

The easiest thing to do is VO Code the entire car to be safe, which you can do also by selecting your VIN at the top of the SVT and selecting CODE. Since VO Coding though codes the entire module, in this case every module, it will overide and FDL Coding you may have done, and you will need to come back afterwards and redo it.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0