10-25-2012, 11:06 PM   #3
rjc32000
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335Xi M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messer-schmitt
Guys - Loving my first bimmer. I've dreamed of owning one all my life and it has not disappointed (4,000 miles in 1 month). In an effort to make it an even better experience, i've been experimenting with changing the seat height, steering wheel distance, etc. Just trying to find what's comfortable but I want to find the optimum driving setup. So, with that being said, any tips/tricks on the optimum setup? I guess i'm looking for stuff like: how far I should be from the pedals with the clutch fully depressed, or where my steering wheel should be in regards to my hands while keeping my elbows bent, etc.?

Thanks guys! Bimmer on!
I'm certainly no expert, but the advice I've received: most common error is sitting too far away. seat should be close enough so that your knees are still bent when clutch is fully depressed. This ensures that you have good power on pedals, allows you to brace against dead pedal, and minimizes risk of injury if (god forbid) you crash. You should be close enough to steering wheel so that your wrist, when your shoulders are pressed firmly against seat, rests against top of steering wheel. This ensures that you don't have to lean forward out of seat in order to make aggressive or sudden turns, and minimizes the risk of injury in a crash.
2013 328Xi M Sport - Glacier Silver - RETIRED
Appreciate 0