View Single Post
      07-17-2013, 07:43 AM   #12
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

[QUOTE=phishhead24;14336549]When I was in Yokosuka, Japan, I went to test drive the cars and I noticed that the specs for the brakes were smaller than the US. I need to find the exact number, but the reason being was due to the slower speeds traveled on average in Japan. The brakes in Japan will not fit US models. Plus, due to the fact that the safety standards in Japan are FAR less restrictive, some models have no passenger airbags and side strengthening bits. It's cool though........thumbs down.[/QUOT

Um okay if what your saying is true..why do the brakes I purchase from BAVAUTO fit my Japanese Spec car with no problem...I mean I don't know everything but I do know in Yokosuka Japan the expressway speeds are 80..my wife is from there..and as a marine in the 80's I used to party my ass off in Ropongi...maybe you test drove a 320 or something..not doubting ya man..but anyways if I may ask did you purchase your ride thru Military Sales..and I'm heading to Tokyo soon GAS PANIC, and then I'm going to Shinja-ku...AND THE Yokohama
Appreciate 0