ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by john08135i View Post
Same happened to me today..
Light rain 70degres.

Floored it up an on ramp thru two gears and then BAM.. limp mode.. iDrive shows drivetrain malfunction car lost power when i gave it gas car would shake.. turned it off and back on and its fine...

better not keep happening.
Your problem sounds different than mine in that when my throttle died, no codes were thrown.

Good luck getting your issue resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocohead View Post
OP I was wondering if it could have been related to FEM issues people are encountering, hence the weather question. Any other odd electrical symptoms?

Have you noticed any change in fuel economy? Is the car cranking longer than normal to start?

All of my previous 335i's encountered similar symptoms, although they were N54 cars. Without fail it was related to HPFP's and injectors. Whether or not that is your issue can only be determined by having a dealer read the codes. I do recommend having that done.

I sincerely hope it is none of the above! Sorry you all are experiencing this issue but I look forward to hearing what codes were stored. Best of luck!!!
Thanks! My fuel economy continues to increase. No long cranks either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_TRADER View Post
I've had the fan issue and dead throttle happen to me. Fan goes on full blast and throttle feels numb. I also noticed the engine temp stuck on the left side. Happened three times already. I'm thinking its thermostat as well but also wondering what else it could be

No codes thrown and restart of car it went away. Car has 500 mls on it
Well my dealer found the problem today.

I can't remember the name of the failed component my SA said that it was "toast."

The dealer ordered the replacement part and will be installing it tomorrow. I'll update the thread when I figure exactly what was wrong.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0