12-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #49
Isow
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
Your happy you have rusting seat frames? Plus you happy its a problem with all models including the 1er?

Must be me...but it makes be very mad they have taken a lot of my money for poor QA and bigger margin
Indifferent.
Lets face it who the hell has ever looked under the seats to look at the seat frames before. I doubt that BMW designed the seat frames to rust, it's just a mistake, we all make them, there are thousands of parts on a car, these seat frames have been recognised by BMW as being sub-standard & the fault will be corrected on the latest built cars . Too late for us I hear you say. Too true but how will it affect your ownership of the car ? Don't worry about the surface rust on the seat frames, it truly isn't woth worrying about.
I will only keep the car 3 years. I doubt whether the seat frames will fall apart in that time.
All cars today are built to a lesser standard than cars years ago.
Pro rata cars have more safety features today than years ago, but everything has to be lighter & all manufacturers cut costs today.
I accept the fact that it is wrong that the seat frames are rusting, but I have had far worse on a car than that. Rattles , now those drive me mad !
I'd rather have a rusting seat frame ( which is very difficult to see ) than a rattle any day.
My first BMW was a 316 in 1976 . Now that was a solid, beautifully built car.
£2880 new & a not much depreciation. Those were the days.
Appreciate 0