E30toF30
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 528i Executive Edition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
Still on the fence actually. I'm trying to get my brain around the resulting offsets of the 18mm/12mm setup when considering the stock wheel offsets. IIRC, the 624m's (and all F3x stock wheels for that matter) are et36 front and et47 rear.

Using the 18/12 setup, that leaves you with +24mm front and +29mm rear. That's pretty damn aggressive lol. But judging by your pictures, there's no poke, and you mentioned there was no rubbing. So either there's way more room than we thought, or those wheel offsets as provided by BMW are lower than actual.

Thoughts? I'm still more than likely getting the 18/12's .
It appears a lot of people have gone the 18/12 route as yet another just above this post has done it. Those look to be factory 19's so that should give you a pretty good idea how it looks on a 19" wheel with a little higher profile tire.

Something else to consider is what type of tires you will be running. As you can see in my pictures, the stock RFT's have a very shallow sidewall compared to say the MPSS tires. Because the MPSS are much beefier tires, those might protrude out past the fender quite a bit more than my stock RFTs.

If you dont plan on running MPSS, and will likely stick with the stock RFT's, I dont think you can go wrong with the 18/12. And if you are not lowered, then definitely no issues. If you are slammed on coils or H&R super sport springs, then maybe that could cause a greater chance of rub.

Good luck with your decision!
Appreciate 0