03-15-2013, 04:33 AM   #50
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyc View Post
Dick Lovett, Bristol. Very good all round, and the sales guys are great. It was this that drew me in - they were very down to earth, honest and full of enthusiasm. By contrast, I found the sales guys at Audi up the road a bit snooty and inattentive by comparison.

Generally impressed all round with Dick Lovett here - just think they're not geared up to spot this kind of fault. I'd guess this is true of a lot of dealers these days - I think service guys know how to do every possible kind of electronic diagnostic check with their eyes closed, but don't have a feel for driving the cars.
+1

I bought my car from Dick Lovett in Bristol and they are very good there. By contrast the Audi and Mercedes dealerships just round the corner from them were both awful. Neither of them could be bothered to sell me a car.

On the occasions I've had to take my car back for the various teething problems I've encountered they've always been helpful even if they haven't always been able to put it right straight away. Thankfully I've not had any mechanical problems to take to them so far but overall they are a good dealership