11-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #9
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk3355 View Post
Thanks for those update. You are right... I am out of the loop... wouldn't it be something if the Nov 1 build had the new Nav... I'd bite right now. Maybe a European delivery could confirm this?

What kills me is people on the forum explain the change is well worth the wait. But its just a small piece of the whole experience. I kind of wish tech wasn't out of date so fast on cars. But its a fact of life.
When I was looking to hold out for the new Nav, I did some checking for people doing ED around this time. Never found anyone in particular. Regardless, the first people with PW45+ should be getting their cars mid December, so we'll all know soon enough.

After playing with the new Nav, it's say it's pretty impressive. Worth the wait is a relative term, not for me to decide for anyone else.

I don't "need the computer to tell me where to go", but I do interact with the iDrive on a daily basis. That means for selecting media, etc. And it sure is faster, and nicer visually. For something that I use every time I get in the car, it will be nice to have something new and fast. I was never impressed with the speed of the Nav/iDrive in my '12 M3.
Appreciate 0