06-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #151
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcarcrazy View Post
I haven't paid much attention to what sapphire looks like in person, I just assumed it was a metallic black. which would be fine for me (hides some of the swirls)...

I guess I may have to go by the DLR so I know what the hell I just ordered...

I'm a blue car guy, wife is a black car girl...I already have a blue car, and she thinks two blue cars is too many. I told her there is no such thing as too much blue.

I'm not a silver car person, so given those two facts...I'd Vote for you to get Estoril
Certainly leaning that way, but somewhere along the way, I convinced my wife that she likes red interiors. But I think I'm buying an orange Wrangler, so an Estoril car would be a nice contrast, and just add to the annoying factor.

I'm not really a fan of metallic paints, maybe because my ex had a metallic black Audi I just don't care for Sapphire. It's got a lot of gold in it, which just looks like dust to me. I liked the earlier BMW metallic black, Cosmos, which had silver metallic in the black base.

I also like silver for it's historical tie to Germany's racing color, not that my wife cares, or that a 328i F31 is exactly a LeMans race car.
Appreciate 0