View Single Post
      11-16-2011, 09:45 AM   #16
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by miiipilot View Post
For me...I buy on both exterior and interior design. Performance is a given...we are enthusiasts.

Now, If I could afford a track only, weekend only, nice weather car...I'd could live with just the performance. Look a dedicated track cars...No interior or sparse interior...I get that.

But a DD? I love driving. I'll take the long road home if I've had a bad day to unwind and escape. With that said, we don't drive in the 3rd person. I'm the pilot. I want to feel connected. I want to feel confident. It's visceral.

Not digging on your opinion at all, I wanted to just clarify why it matters to me.
Oh I know you're not digging at my opinion at all. The reason why I don't get it is because for a muscle car, to include current muscle cars, it's actually quite good. Another thing is that if you want them to upgrade the interior, that costs money. The great thing about the Mustang is that its performance per dollar is pretty damn high across the range. It costs a lot of money to develop a refined interior with high-grade materials. It would be tragic if the cost of the Stang jumped because of a shifted focus to refinement. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the interior could be absolute shit and be OK; I'm just saying it's pretty good where it's at. Hell, on my old goat the simple and very cheap interior bits were part of the whole muscle car experience, just another hint at the fact that the car was only meant to do one thing really; sound and go like stink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyrms View Post
"The previous GT500's performance numbers were often traction-limited, resulting in a 0-60 time not much better than the Mustang GT. To deal with this problem, SVT engineers revised the six-speed manual transmission's gearing in an effort to make the GT500's power more usable. SVT ditched the 3.55 final drive ratio for a 3.31 final drive, and then optimized every gear (except fourth) to better use the newfound torque. SVT further beefed up the drivetrain with a dual-disc clutch and carbon-fiber drive shaft."

I think, that, with the new F1-tires will help it put down that power. Hopefully...Otherwise just starts all the race at 40mph.
Those sound like steps that might have cured the problems from 550 HP. I don't know how they're going to get up to 650 HP with an even more insane torque curve.... Even the fixes above seem a bit conservative but who knows. Maybe they found the magic setup.
Appreciate 0