View Single Post
      12-18-2012, 04:49 PM   #26
Sprocket
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
I don't disagree with anything you've said. But, my point is that your issues were incredibly minor in nature. You need to pick your battles. None of these issues were affecting the performance of the car or your ability to drive it. They were simply annoyances.
Sure, they were minor (the first ones). However, they still meant I had to drive to the shop back and forth 2 times (each time). I don't know how you value your time, but mine is extremely valuable.

Quote:
Your expectation of him to take care of the issues and communication with you was a tad unreasonable. Now if you were not able to drive the car, or the service department never provided an updates or feedback, THEN I could see involving the sales guy. But not at the point you did.
Why not? I contacted him the third time something had gone wrong, and at that point it was due to negligence in the organization he represents. Further, he may be "just" a sales guy, but he was my contact. He was the one I planned the car with and we shook hands when I placed the order. When things go really wrong, that's the guy I call.
Quote:
It seems you have incredibly high expectations on many different levels. You need to realize nothing and no person is perfect. Price is wholly irrelevant.
Disagree. I do not think it is "having high expectations" to expect someone to care about another person they have done business with. It is called courtesy and respect. I hold others to the same standards I do for myself and my employees.

I was courteous and asked for help with problems with my brand new car and was given the cold shoulder. In what world is that to be simply accepted?