tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by newoldbeemer View Post
I think they have it in the 2 and 5 series (maybe they also had the 3 and 4, not sure) but everything got filled by the time I managed to sign up. When they sent out the website, the registration was not working and everyone was complaining. People were signing up over the phone, but unfortunately I was out of the country and couldnt call the toll free number.

Luckily I got an email saying that I was registered for the 5 series - it looked like one of my registration attempts had gone through successfully.

I told the staff about the website issue and they said something like "I know, we are working on it".

Yesterday was the last day of the event, and they're still "working on" the website issue?

That was the only negative aspect of the whole thing. Besides that, the event itself was conducted very well.
If you have time to hang around you can get on a waiting list. There are always people who don't show up and almost 100% of the time if you're on the waiting list early you'll get in. I was only scheduled for one autocross, but because I was able to go on two days and had time to wait I got to do it four times and I even told them to put me at the bottom of the waiting list. I did it twice in the 2er and twice in the 5er.

btw - they use the 228i with the Track package. The 535i is M Sport, so sport suspension. The 535d does not have the sport suspension. I love the 535d, but I found it harder on the autocross, because it has so much torque and the turns come up really fast.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!