View Single Post
      10-06-2017, 12:56 PM   #91
metallicpea
Major
Rep
Drives: 320i ZSP & E46 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereksM3 View Post
Quick side comment - after reading this whole thread it's completely bewildering the arguing and hostility towards somebody choosing a different brand vehicle. For the many years I have been a car enthusiast it meant the appreciation for all cars and alike...not just one brand. I myself have owned many BMW's and M cars over the years but have no problem appreciating other brands, especially the RS models which have a very proven history along with M cars, and AMG models.

I find that generally there's brand snobs and then there's car enthusiasts. Unfortunately, BMW owners get a bad rap because of exactly this...the BMW snobs that walk around with their nose in the air because they have a 328i or 335i (hint: owning the most entry level BMW doesn't make one special). Most commonly those are the people that have something to prove or generally insecure about their purchase. That seems to be about 95% of everyone in this thread.

I myself have always liked the RS3 and RS4, although I never owned one and chose the M3 route instead. However, that goes without saying at least in the climate I live in the AWD is far more advantageous than perfect 50/50 weight distribution. Anyhow, good luck to the OP, considering the fact this car nearly runs neck and neck with an M3 is impressive. Also, the fact with a tune it's already been shown to run 10's damn near stock...this is going to break open a whole new realm of performance.
I was totally with you until knocking the entry level. There are enthusiasts and snobs at all price points. But I guess no one is special was maybe your point.. ?
2016 F30 320i ZSP
2003 E46 325it ZSP 5MT
Appreciate 1