Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkspj View Post
Hi Finners,

Good looking car!

many thanks for all this: I'm on the point of ordering a 320i X Drive M Sport Auotmatic Touring and am undecieded about the adaptive damping.
The sales guy said "don't bother"...but down here in cash strapped South Wilts there are places where a softer ride would be welcome.
The sales guy also said the Touring X Drive M Sports cars didn't have the lowered M Sport suspension, but in all other respects it is M Sport. But the Adaptive suspension does have the lowered setting.

As this will be my car, not leased and car tax paid I just have to pay for it, but don't want to regret not getting it!

Suggestions most welcome!
Welcome!!!

Not sure what info you have been told on the suspension, but Adaptive doesn't change in height, it merely has a hard /soft damper setting, same spring rates. It also doesn't make an xDrive lower, it is still 10mm higher than standard M Sport sus.

FWIW, I wouldn't bother with adaptive, but then again if I were in your shoes I would also drop xDrive and go for a 328i with the cash saved....better mpg, proper BMW ride, excellent road holding and more perfromance.

Last edited by NISFAN; 04-22-2013 at 02:32 PM..
Appreciate 0