01-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #35
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft1337 View Post
You must be having a bad day. 99% of US BMW drivers don't track their cars. 1. because they are just not into that hobby, 2. because they have no tracks available. And I'm not talking POS drag strip or an oval course. There are actually more BMWs being tracked in Europe where real tracks are abundant and cheap.

Show me a fucking race track near Philly, there are none!!!!
Nope. I'm having a great day.

There's a track within an hour of Philly - New Jersey Motorsports Park. Look it up.

Then of course there's Summit Point, Watkins Glen, Pocono, VIR, etc. that are a bit further, but well worth the drive.

So, you're one of the 1%. Therefore you have no point of reference or understanding about just how important cooling is.

The BMWCCA is one of the largest enthusiast automotive clubs in the world (if not THE largest). Imagine the other side of the coin if BMW didn't take this into consideration. Not having fog lights is a small price to pay for not burning down cars on track. These motors run very, very high oil temperatures. It's not a game.

Even if only 1% actually do track their cars, don't you think it would be a bit ridiculous if BMW just ignored that fact and delivered cars that weren't able to handle it? Sure, they're not P-cars or F-cars, but they're still a well respected, performance-oriented brand. You just don't deliver a product that "looks" like it will deliver, but ultimately doesn't.

By the way, I'm not making this up. It's straight from the proverbial horse's mouth. I'm not guessing, speculating or theorizing. Hate all you want, I really don't care. I just think it's ridiculous how many folks on here resort to conspiracy theories to explain away things they don't understand. And it's even MORE ridiculous the same damn crap is brought up over and over again when it's been played out a million times before. The OP started a thread about the fact that he discovered the M Sport has auxiliary cooling. It's degraded into a bitchfest about BMW cheapening their products and hiding that fact behind bullshit marketing.
Appreciate 0