View Single Post
      10-20-2017, 03:51 PM   #2
Mbbrewer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
I bought the 2018 F36 about 3 months ago. Vehicle configuration was carbon black metallic, executive package, luxury package, M-Sport package and technology package. I also got the 19" rims. Car sits low which is a result of the M-Sport suspension. What I really like: Color is magnificent...black in the dark and blue in the sun. Lot's of power even in comfort mode. The RPM's tend to hang a bit in sport mode particularly if you only have you foot on it for a short period of time say like to pass someone. Car is plenty big in the Gran Coupe configuration with room for happy adults in the back. Eco mode is just plain annoying and pointless in my opinion. The iDrive system is relatively fast (compared to the 2015 Lexus IS 350 I just got rid of) and more intuitive but it takes some getting used to...the map mode is very good with little lag. Blue stitched leather kicks ass and the seats are very comfortable with good leg support. What I don't like: This car has the cheapest and shittiest sun visors I have even seen in a car. Thin, plastic and embarrassingly ugly nestled in that magnificent interior...it's bizarre, almost like a joke. Even though I bought every option available (I thought), there is no blind spot detection! Annoying, oh and no adaptive cruise control...even my Infinity had that and it was primitive compared to this car. Only one tail pipe is black as a result of exhaust metering but I understand why. Finally the most annoying is the trunk/guillotine that attempts to cut my head off every time I open it and lean in. It automatically opens when you waive your foot under it but if you lean in too far it thinks you are waving your foot again and attempts to decapitate you...try that holding a case of beer. Still I give it a 9.75 out of 10.
Awesome
Appreciate 0