Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungDro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cSurf View Post
To me, for BMW, the M2 should be the poster car.

Ferrari and Mclaren make money on these super cars and VAG can afford frivolities like the 918.

Elsewhere- 'poster' or 'halo' cars are created to paint a portrait of a brand that a photograph couldn't substantiate (sporting or design prowess). BMW shouldn't be that brand.
Ferrari and Lambo were poster cars in the 90s' theres too many fast cars out there now. BMW are known for sporty luxury cars. A M halo car fits perfect for the M division doesnt make sense if they don't. It seems strange that you wouldnt be happy if the M division made a supercar. every bmw fan i know would get on their knees and beg for a supercar. Even the whole M division is on their knees begging for one!
If I wanted or could afford a super car, I'd buy one from Mclaren.

I want BMW to make better BMW's. Specifically, figure out how to make the F3x as enjoyable to drive as an E4x (maybe upping the EPS R&D budget). Simply, bring character back to the series cars (and by extension, the M cars), deliver something tangible to enthusiasts.

At least for me, posters don't do it. Driving a car that's clearly an improvement on the one that it replaces, is.
Appreciate 1