View Single Post
      08-16-2012, 08:10 AM   #534
Stokkes
Grand Pumba
Rep
Drives: On Order: i5 M60 IOMG/SWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobe121 View Post
As far as warranty goes I am unsure. I'm not doing it to my car so I'm not so worried about it!

I am not familiar with the difference between business and professional nav. Were these options in the USA?
There are 2 screens.. 6.5" and I believe the 8.8 or 9" screen. If you have the 6" screen then you do not have what's called the "CIC" module and equipment required to retrofit the extra options.

In Canada at least, the "Premium Package" (what's called Premium up here) includes Nav, Comfort Access and a whack full of other things. I think in the US, you need what's called the "technology" package. I hate how BMW brands things differently, but from my understanding, this is what you need. Otherwise a complete retrofit is required and really not worth the money.

I leased mine and while I should have gone with my gut and just custom ordered it, I was able to grab a model that was on the lot for a very good price. I was "stuck" with the options it had, but the car is a beauty. I'll just make sure when my lease is up in 3 years to really go for the gusto and order the model I want with all the functionality.
Appreciate 0