Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 AY F80

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoi View Post
like I said in previous quote, I only have problem when the badge is where one would expect a car identifier badge, aka on grill, on trunk lid, side of car. I have nothing against liking M cars, having M parts, hell put M performance decal on it. But once you put the official M badge were make/model information is supposed to be, you're claiming your car as an M.
But I think your referring to those who remove any claim of what the car really is and replace it with an M, such as debadging and adding an M badge. That in fact could be a more blatant claim than any. Everyone is flaming him as if he were blatantly claiming his car is an M, even though an M by itself is in fact not a car. The M3, M5 and M6 are cars but I get your point.

I don't think he could have placed the badge in a more tasteful manner than where he did. We all know the M identifier is only followed by the model line, is on the passenger side of the trunk, it's not on the grille which doesnt exist anyway. So everyones claim to him posing couldn't be further from the truth. It's not like he created his own ///M 335i by placing the badge directly to the left of the model.

Not to mention everyone believes the 335i to be under marketed by the fact it is not differentiated enough from the 328i. I for one would love to have some sort of identification to my 335i to hold it to a higher standard of a sports car and less of a A4/C300 competitor because it's not even in the same class.And as many have said, if BMW had put the badge there this argument would not exist but in fact most 335i owners believe the car deserves something more of a sport identity.

I think the M badge WITH the Model Line on the trunk as well makes no claim to being something that it is not.
Appreciate 0