dr.roro
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 G01 X3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedawg View Post
No dude you are wrong! Do you see that 612awhp car in my signature? Cat or no cat there will be no significant gain or loss in my car with or without a high flow cat. Also the FMIC quality and build still holds plenty of validity. The stock intercooler is garbage. I've owned many turbocharged charged cars and the factory intercooler is less than optimal when looking for increased power. They tend to leak boost,have pressure loss and also cause hi IAT"s when you add more boost to the already inefficient turbo setup on the N55 motor.Went through this also as recently on my 2k11 Volvo S60 T6 AWD . Not trying to insult you so please do not take me the wrong way. How many factory turbo charged cars have you owned and modded? From Evos to Sti's,Mustang Ecoboost, BMW 335i's etc the factory FMIC are suboptimal for performance. They are not built for much more than what the factory out put of the car was made to do. FACTS!
I think it's been well proven that catless or HFC DP will unleash significant gains on our platform. There's a reason nearly every tune recommends one for Stage 2 maps. Can you still get excellent gains without one? Sure.

I agree with you on the FMIC though. Also well proven.

Last edited by dr.roro; 02-14-2018 at 10:11 AM..
Appreciate 1
ceedawg467.50