07-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #65
bimmerjph
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen

Only wins in style-that is the conclusion you and they had?

You did not see how the F30 is a faster car in every meaningful test (they did not show handling/braking figures) while providing more room, features and getting better fuel economy?

Yeah-none of that happened. It was only superior in style(which is completely subjective anyway).
I literally could not give less of a damn about numbers. I care about how a car feels. In that regard the E90 wins big time. If waving your dick around saying you have 0.1mm more arm room, 1cm more legroom, you go zero to sixty in 0.4 seconds less, or that your car pulls 0.1 more G's than someone else's car provides a great feeling car for you thats fine. It doesn't for me. Yes, the F30 has more grip. Yes, might even be faster around a track. Read my words, that doesn't matter to me. I want a car that is fun to drive rather than quick. I have driven both cars yet own neither, so I have an relatively unbiased opinion. From my many test drives and loaner cars, I came to the same conclusion as they did. As for fuel economy, the difference is negligible at best in the real world.
Appreciate 0